Marieke Dench’s arts practice is a strong foundation for her popularity in presenting workshops.
Her broad field of artistic interests and techniques let workshop participants explore a wide range of media depending on their background and interests.
Listed below are some of the workshops Dench runs. Please feel free to contact Marieke with your enquiries or selected media of particular interest.
Workshops and courses can be tailored to cater for beginners through to advanced participants.
- Printing without a press
- Linocuts – black and white and colour
- Transfer prints
Encaustic Wax Painting
- Image transfers
- Incising and backfilling
- Combining ink, paint and other mediums with encaustic
- Combining prints with encaustic
Gesso Sottile Painting
Derived from a fresco like surface sometimes known as a french chalk ground
- Making and applying the perfect ground for different supports
- Watercolour and its relationship to a gesso sottile ground
- Making your own watercolours
Archival Folio & Concertina Bookmaking
- Making your own folio to present suites of prints, drawings etc
- Blank concertina books for sketching, painting drawing etc
- Techniques on how to make your prints into a concertina book
Various Watercolour & Ink
- Individual projects as well as collaborative projects